Who we are?
Our website address is: http://nustian.ca
What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Contact forms
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with?
How long we retain your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data?
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data?
What data breach procedures we have in place?
What third parties we receive data from?
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data?
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
NUSTIAN Canada Watsapp Community Rules:
Version 1.1, March 2020
All members must adhere to these rules governing the group. This is the official channel for Nustian Canada, a nonprofit organization registered in Canada governed by an Alumni board and managed by an Executive Committee.
- The purpose of the group is to connect NUST Alumni living in Canada and help us grow as a community and professionally. Those who are outside Canada are welcome to register and join our Facebook/LinkedIn communities. NUSTIAN Canada (general body) will govern the membership rules and policies. We have an exception to add Alumni who are moving to canada within 3 months to support them.
- Let’s help newcomers in settling down and help people find opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- Polite conversations: Let’s consider this group as a conference call. If a conversation involves only a few people let’s take it offline or to direct messages – creating a subgroup doesn’t hurt. If something doesn’t concern a large audience please avoid that discussion on conference call.
- Community benefit: Avoid forwarded chain messages and or videos unless they are of overwhelming importance to the group. In that case, add your personal comment explaining why the content is worth the time of group members.
- Best judgment: we don’t believe in over policing so please use your best judgment as a responsible member of the community to discuss any topic that can provide immense value to the community and doesn’t generate a lot of noise (messages) on the group.
- Fundraising: NUSTIAN Canada supports its Canadian members as well as NUST students with financial needs in Pakistan (through zakat/sadqa/donations). NUSTIAN Canada as a nonprofit organization discourages solicitation of funds at its official forums (this WhatsApp group, Official page and group on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram). We are not responsible for any legal implications that may arise out of your fundraising calls. It is, therefore, our request to understand the legal laws of the land (Canada), seek legal advice from professional lawyers before you solicit money and transfer it to Pakistan.
- Political and religious conversations are beyond the scope of this group and can be discussed in the Cafe group.
- Violations: If any member violates these guidelines and does not change behavior despite warnings, NUSTIAN Canada membership team reserves the right to remove them from the group for the benefit of this community.
- Other Groups: NUST Alumni community has also setup a few other unofficial groups for specific topics. Feel free to join them at will. Please note that these groups are not official groups of NUSTIAN Canada and we don’t manage your registration or personal data for these groups. Here are the details for some of the groups:
- Cafe: for general chit chat on any topic, no bars or moderation. https://chat.whatsapp.com/Im3r125VAdwLc6iPDw8OEF
- Traders Group for stocks, investments and trading etc. https://chat.whatsapp.com/GG2Qhq7RBV32N2Bqw1PAxq
- Couch Potatoes: https://chat.whatsapp.com/KJ7hjqJx0pJDPm75UwNAvN
- Gamers: https://chat.whatsapp.com/LUjias22YICEnAdZA1EbEQ
Other communities managed by NUSTIAN Canada are:
LinkedIn exclusive group NUSTIAN Canada:
Facebook closed group for NUSTian Canada members
Facebook Official Page